Hardware / Installation Manuals

I’ve been wondering where the hardware / installation manuals for particularly OC-SDR (but also OC-LTE and OC-2G) might be found.

It’s great that the schematics and CAD/design files are published, but if you’re not an electrical engineer and/or OS/driver developer and/or interested in building/repairing units yourself, they are a bit too low-level for most users. I’m also particularly thinking about the OC Grant awardees and what kind of questions they will have once they receive the related systems.

What I would like to see in a related manual are topics like

• what is the pin-out of the external connectors
  • high-level technical specs like voltage ranges, power consumption
  • environmental specs
  • installation/mounting instructions
  • high-level block diagram of the respective system

Months ago we had heard some rumours that related documentation existed in an old (github?) wiki, but had been removed to undergo legal review. Can anybody clarify the status of this?

Thanks!

Is there any update on this topic? I would appreciate any related information for either OC-SDR or OC-2G. Thanks!

Also, adding to my list from the original post: The manufacturer + model number of each connector should also be named. For N/SMA or other standard connectors that’s not needed, but for custom/specialized power connectors like on OC-2G, it is.

The OC-2G power connector matching the socket in the OC-2G unit appears to be a Phoenix Contact 1681486 available from many distributors, see e.g. https://octopart.com/1681486-phoenix+contact-762018

hwelte,
We received an OC-SDR that came with a 6 pole M-23 connector. I am not sure if the OC-2G is different, but the M series of industrial connectors comes in a variety of sizes, so even though the M12 connector you linked looks right it might be the wrong scale. Specifically we received this part in the box: https://www.molex.com/molex/products/datasheet.jsp?part=active/1202330001_FIELD_ATTACHABLE.xml . We had some trouble initially getting it crimped (it requires an “indent crimper”), but ended up soldering the connections and that has appeared to hold up okay thus far.